7.02.2012

Cardiff & my first week in Hitchin

Short 2 day trip to Cardiff to visit the very lovely and always witty Miss Rachel! Needed to get away from Hatfield and as far away as I could from that disgusting negative omnipresence I felt coming (and I was right) and see her before she jetted off to New York (CONCRETE JUNGLEEEE WHERE DREAMS ARE MADE OF...!)

Cardiff was...grey. UK as usual was having another one of its sad gloomy weeks and I swear that if Bella and Edward didn't live in Forks, Washington (which I can guiltily remember the book proclaiming it to be the 'state with the least sunshine' or 'most rainfall' or some nonsense that makes it possible for glittering vampires to live in) they can most definitely move to Northern UK where BBC gives me the impression they are forever flooding.

Getting on the wrong train to Cardiff Bay, having our umbrellas turned inside out at the station by the wind, trying Welsh cakes for the first time (YUM YUM YUM YUM YUUUUUM!! Like flat scones!) and trying to decipher how to pronounce Welsh words were things we got up to.


Millenium Theatre (a landmark? I guess)

Welsh cakes, OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!


Mermaid Quay

Not sure what Torchwood is but I love shrines dedicated to celebrities/TVshows


I looked it up. Its pronounced as "cutch" and apparently is the most favourite Welsh word by locals meaning "to cuddle/spoon/snuggle". For example: I want to give my teddy bear a cwtch! I think, don't take my word for it.


And last but not least, the star buy of the day! Die hard followers of royal family gossip aka Rachel and moi, would recognise this ring. It's the famous Diana ring that William got engaged to Kate with - and now you can get yours too for the bargain price of only £2 at Primark. What're you waiting for? GO GO GO! And just for additional lols, the code for this item on the receipt was "ENGAGEMENT". Lol, theyre really not making any effort to hide it.

So I've officially moved out of beloved Roberts Way and into the room on the third floor facing the garden of my aunt's house in the small town that goes by the name of Hitchin. It's a historic town in the country and when I mean country I mean that the drive from Hatfield to Hitchin would involve lots of rapeseed fields, cows, sheep and horses. Normally I'd complain but since its summer the flowers are out in full force and BOY are they gorgeous!

I've made a new friend so far who goes by the name of Percy, Percy Pig. We are best best best friends and I hope to meet his girlfriend Penny, his piglets and his pals and then I will eat them all MUAHAHAA.

Right so I've been busy with my master's applications, an upcoming trip to Oxford and a festival next weekend. Till then! x

No comments: